SUPPLIES FOR KENTUCKY DERBY DRINK STIRRERS
- Paper straws
- Hot glue gun
- Flower cut file
- Silhouette or Cricut cutting machine
HOW TO MAKE KENTUCKY DERBY DRINK STIRRERS
- Download the drink stirrer cut file and upload it to a Cricut or Silhouette. You can access it in the resource library, available to my email subscribers. Do not resize it because the hole in the middle of the flower is already perfectly sized to fit a standard paper straw.
- Cut out the flower file onto cardstock. You will have three different sized petals
- Place a dab of hot glue around the center hole of the largest petal and place the second largest petal on top of it, lining up the holes
- Repeat this process using the smallest petal
- Place a paper straw through the hole and secure the paper flower with a dab of glue if necessary. I like to use green straws so they look like the stems of flowers.
- Place your completed Kentucky Derby drink stirrers into your favorite beverage like a mint julep. For a non-alcoholic version, try this non-alcoholic mint julep recipe. Not a mint julep fan? Check out these summer cocktail recipes and summer drink recipes.
And because I can’t throw a party without a printable, I’ve created a fun Kentucky Derby party print for you. The watercolor florals for this print were created by the super talented Torrie at Fox and Hazel.
You can access the print in the resource library, below
Please note that this print is for personal use only. You may not sell or redistribute it.
LOVE IT? PIN IT!