Is there anything better than peppermint at Christmas time? I don’t think so. I’m kind of a peppermint fanatic. I’ve made all sorts of food and gifts with it like sugar scrub, body butter, foot soak and white chocolate peppermint pudding cookies. This year, I decided to continue with the theme of pampering and make some peppermint bath bomb ornaments as gifts.
PEPPERMINT BATH BOMB INGREDIENTS
- 1 cup baking soda
- 1/2 cup cornstarch
- 1/2 cup Epsom salts
- 4 tablespoons cream of tarter
- 2 1/2 tablespoons olive oil or coconut oil
- 5 drops peppermint essential oil
- red food coloring (optional)
- 3/4 tablespoons water
In addition to the ingredients, you’ll also need ornament molds, baker’s twine, and cellophane bags. All of the ingredients (except for the essential oil) should be able to be purchased at a grocery store. If you are unable to find coconut oil at your grocery store, you can purchase it here. If you do not have peppermint essential oil, you can purchase it here.
PEPPERMINT BATH BOMB RECIPE
- Mix the dry ingredients together in one bowl
- Mix the wet ingredients together in a separate bowl
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix until the mixture can be molded with your hands
- Place the mixture into one half of the plastic ornament, making sure to press the mixture firmly into the mold.
- Fill the second half of the ornament with the mixture, pressing firmly.
- Snap ornament together and let set.
- Place bakers twine through the top of the ornaments for a hanger
- When ready to use, tap the ornament with the back of a spoon to loosen the bath bomb.
- Remove the bath bomb from the ornament and drop onto the bath.
These are the perfect gift for teachers, friends and neighbors. They are very inexpensive and easy to make. And they smell oh so wonderful. You can either keep them in the ornament mold (which is what I recommend) or you can remove them from the mold and place in a cellophane bag for gifting. These bath bombs may be fragile so be aware that they may break in the bag. If you are shipping these gifts, definitely keep them in the mold. These peppermint bath bomb ornaments would be a great addition to a peppermint themed spa gift set.
I’ve teamed up with some of my blogging friends to bring you more essential oil gift ideas. Be sure to check out all the ideas below.
These peppermint bath bombs are part of a party that I am hosting tonight all about DIY gifts made from essential oils. The party is happening over on FB tonight at 9 pm and you can find out all about it and RSVP here. I hope you join us! It’s going to be so much fun!