The chilly Fall days are here and my slow cooker has been working overtime lately. One of my family’s favorite slow cooker meals is a big pot of soup. I’ve made homemade chicken noodle soup before but this time I decided to make a batch of Slow Cooker Minestrone Soup. I love the way slow cooker meals fill my house with the scents of Fall.
This was so delicious and there were enough leftovers for a good amount of lunches.
Here is what you need for your soup.
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 1 cup carrots, chopped
- 1 celery stalk, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (28 oz) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (15 oz) can canelini beans, drained, rinsed
- 3 cups fat free chicken broth
- 1 fresh rosemary sprig
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh basil
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh Italian parsley leaves
- salt and fresh pepper
- 1 medium zucchini or squash, chopped
- 2 cups chopped fresh or frozen (defrosted) spinach
- 2 cups cooked small pasta
- parmesan cheese to top
recipe adapted from Skinny Taste
Rachel Willis says
I just love a good slow cooker soup!