Last weekend, I had the opportunity to attend SNAP! Conference at Thanksgiving Point in Lehi, Utah. This was my first blogging conference and as I packed, I wondered what the heck I was doing. What prompted me to hit that “buy ticket” button back in November? I had never even heard blog blog conferences until about a year ago. I saw all these posts around this time last year about all the fun and about how much everyone learned.
So when registration for SNAP came along last Fall, I tried to get a ticket but it sold out in record time and I was left on the waiting list. Then in November I got an email that my name was at the top of the waiting list and if I wanted a ticket, it was available. I snatched it up without really thinking twice.
Fast forward five months and I’m on my way to Utah…someplace where I have never been before. I was nervous, excited and somewhat terrified when my plane hit the worst turbulence ever somewhere over Kansas. I didn’t think I was going to make it. But I did. And this is a snapshot of what I experienced.
1. Lots of amazing, inspiring speakers.
2. Great gifts from the sponsors. This beautiful necklace came from r house couture
3. Roommate shenanigans
4. Tulips. Thanksgiving Point is known for its Tulip Festival and I’m so sad I missed it so I had to settle for this picture that I snapped in the parking lot.
5. More roommate shenanigans
6. Our amazing door titled “Beauty in a SNAP” complete with a mirror at the bottom to perfect your “bend..and SNAP” move.
7. Amazing (and heavy) swag bag!
8. A candy bar at the Pajama Party with my all time favorite Peach Rings.
9. Pajama Party photo op with my roomies
10. Cheryl from That’s What Che Said
11. Jen from Tatertots and Jello
12. Queen Bee Market
13. Jamielyn from I Heart Naptime. This girl is as sweet as her ice cream sundaes.
14. The amazing sign I made in the Poppyseed Projects class
15. The girls from the Creative Headquarters (Sarah, Barbara, Meredith and Jill)
16. Snack bar at the Parties that WOW class
17. Closing Dance Party
18. Barbara from Chase the Star
19. My roommate Kaylynn and I at the Parties that WOW Class
I had never met these girls before. I didn’t have a clue what they blogged about until a couple months before the conference. Lucky for me, they were all pretty normal…sort of 🙂
Jonie (back left) blogs at Just Between Friends. She is amazing when it comes to networking. I think she knew everyone at the conference. And if she didn’t know everyone when she got there, she sure knew everyone when she left. She mentioned something about growing up next door to the President of Cricut so she knows him on a first name basis. Must be nice.
Kaitlin (back right) blogs at Stunningly Strange and owns an art gallery outside Seattle. Her artwork is amazing and she can rock a monkey hat like nobody’s business. Her goofy faces liven up every photo.
Kaylynn (front middle) blogs at Among the Young
. She is one crazy chicka who loves some dry shampoo. She also seemed to know every single person at the conference. I guess when you are a local Utah blogger, that is just a given. She also can seriously rock it out on the dance floor.
Brenda (front left) blogs at Brenda Bird Designs where you can catch a glimpse of her family life. She also has an Etsy Shop called From Me with Love Designs
. Brenda is super sweet, juggles 3 kids AND her business. She also had great advice for me regarding my new Etsy business.
There were so many others that I got to meet too including Lindsay from Artsy Fartsy Mama, Kelly from Live Laugh Rowe, Jessica from Mom 4 Real, Desiree from The 36th Avenue, Jacque and Matt from the DIY Village and many many more.
The classes that I attended were jam packed with so much info and I can’t wait to implement everything into my blog. I leaned about how to maximize my exposure on Pinterest, how to use ad networks to monetize my blog to its full potential, how to throw a memorable party, how to use Photoshop Elements to create amazing photographs, how to collaborate with brands, how to make Google love my blog… you get the idea. I gained so much from this conference and it was worth every penny.
If you are on the fence about going to a blog conference, just go! If you don’t know anybody…just go! You won’t regret it.Are you going to any blog conferences this year?