Make these adorable summer fruit mason jars with a few simple supplies.
Eating summer fruit is magical. The juicy goodness drips down your chip with every bite you take. My personal fave summer fruit is watermelon. You just can’t beat it on a hot summer day. I make sure to keep our fridge stocked with delicious fruit all summer long for the perfect treat. I wanted to create a fun summer project so what better to make than some summer fruit mason jars. Because you can’t ever have enough mason jars. These summer fruit mason jars look good enough to eat and will up the game on your summer decor.
SUPPLIES FOR SUMMER FRUIT MASON JARS
- mason jars
- pink, yellow and green acrylic paint
- paint brushes (sponge brushes work best)
- green cardstock
- Hot glue gun
- Painters tape (optional)
HOW TO MAKE SUMMER FRUIT MASON JARS
WATERMELON MASON JAR
- Paint the bottom 1/3 of a mason jar with the green acrylic paint. Let dry. You can use painters tape to tape off the bottom of the jar as shown below. However, when I did this, the painters tape pulled some of the paint off the jar when I removed the tape. So if using painters tape, I recommend removing the tape when the paint is still wet.
- Paint the top 2/3 of the mason jar with pink acrylic paint. Let dry
- Using the Sharpie, draw teardrop shaped “seeds” on the pink portion of the mason jar.
PINEAPPLE MASON JAR
- Paint the entire mason jar with yellow acrylic paint. Let dry
- Using the Sharpie, draw small “v” shapes on the yellow portion to resemble the “scales” of the pineapple.
- Cut the green cardstock into a fringe and attach it to the lid with hot glue to resemble the “spikes”
Bend the “spikes” outward by curling them with your fingers or rolling them with a pencil.
These summer fruit mason jars can be used in so many different ways. Fill them with candy for a sweet summer gift, use them as utensil holders for your summer parties, or fill them with flowers for a beautiful and fun centerpiece.
If using as a gift, you can download the free gift tags here. They are for personal use only and cannot be sold or redistributed.
LOVE IT? PIN IT!
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE: