This stuff is amazing. It comes on a roll in tons of sparkly colors and you can cut it to any length and width you want. It just so happened that there was some gold and silver in the box o’ bling that I arrived on my doorstep. And since my new design is gray and yellow, this worked out pretty well. The gold bling was even ALMOST the exact color of my new color scheme. I was just a tiny bit excited. Did you know that standard size business cards fit perfectly into an Altoid tin? Yep, perfectly. So that’s what I used for my case.
1. I started by cutting a gold strip of Bling on a Roll 3 rows wide. I attached this strip around the base of the Altoid tin business card holder with hot glue.
2. I then painted the top of the Altoid tin with two coats of white paint so the design would not show through. Acrylic paint was too thin so I used regular interior paint.
3. I cut 2 strips of gold and silver Bling on a Roll 2 rows wide and started the chevron pattern in the middle of the business card holder.
4. I worked inward with the chevron pattern until I got to the edge of the box. I then worked outward. I decided to do one big pattern instead of smaller chevrons just to keep it simple. I let the bling overhang the edge and then I just snipped off what I didn’t need.
5. After the top design was done, I cut a silver Bling on a Roll strip 2 rows wide and attached it around the top rim of the business card holder to finish it off.
I hope this makes a statement at SNAP! If you’re going to the conference and you see me, please say hi. I’d love to meet you.
Darice on Pinterest
Need more inspiration? Check out these other Gemz/Bling on a Roll Projects.