Peppermint is one of my favorite scents of the holiday season. This year I want to give the gift of pampering so I whipped up some peppermint body butter.
I’m kind of on a peppermint kick lately. I love the flavor and nothing screams Christmas more than peppermint. Except of course maybe some ugly Christmas sweaters. Peppermint gifts are so fun to give and to get. This gift is cheap and easy to put together and whoever is lucky enough to get this peppermint body butter is going to LOVE you. Make sure to make enough to keep for yourself too!
PEPPERMINT BODY BUTTER INGREDIENTS AND SUPPLIES
- 3/4 cup Vegetable shortening
- 1/2 cup Coconut oil
- Pink food coloring (optional)
- Peppermint essential oil
- Small mason jars
HOW TO MAKE PEPPERMINT BODY BUTTER
- Place vegetable shortening and coconut oil into an electric mixer and mix together until it is whipped and creamy.
- Add a few drops of pink food coloring (optional) and a few drops of peppermint essential oil. Mix together well.
- If you do not have any essential oil, you can substitute peppermint extract but you will need to use approx. 1 tsp. of extract.
Package the body butter into small glass jars. I found these jars in the dollar bin at Target but you can also get them on Amazon. The amount of body butter that the recipe makes completely fills a 4 ounce size jar. I also had a bit of body butter left over. Add a simple tag and you have the perfect Christmas gift.
This body butter goes great with my peppermint sugar scrub and peppermint foot soak. Package them all up together for the perfect Christmas gift! I’ve created some free printable tags for you to use too!
You can access the tags in the resource library, available to my email subscribers.
LOVE IT? PIN IT!
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE