Make a 3D star ornament with this easy tutorial. Hang the ornament on your tree or use it as a tree topper.
Every Christmas I try to make at least one handmade ornament for our tree. I am in love with the look of big ornaments and have wanted to make these 3D star ornaments so this year I decided to do it. And they are even easier than I expected. You can use place these star ornaments on your tree or you can use them as a tree topper. You can also use them to decorate other areas of your home such as a cased opening between two rooms.
Want to see just how easy it is to make these 3D star ornaments? Let’s get started!
SUPPLIES FOR 3D STAR ORNAMENT
- Two 12 x 12 pieces of cardstock
- Hot glue
- Glue gun
HOW TO MAKE A 3D STAR ORNAMENT
- Fold one piece of cardstock in half, creasing it well. Open it up and fold it in half the other way.
- Fold the cardstock to make a triangle, creasing it well. Open it up and fold into a triangle the other way.
- On the backside of the cardstock, measure 3 inches down each straight line and make a mark with your pencil.
- Cut down each straight fold line to the mark
- Fold the corners in to form points.
- Place hot glue on one side of the point and attach the other side.
- Continue until all points are glued.
- Repeat this process with the second piece of cardstock
- Glue the two stars together to form a 3D star ornament
- Thread a piece of embroidery floss through the tip of the star wih a needle. Tie the ends to create a loop for hanging.
3D STAR ORNAMENT VIDEO
MORE CHRISTMAS ORNAMENT IDEAS
Wood Slice Ornament
Felt Snowflake Ornament
Buffalo Check Ornament
LOVE IT? PIN IT!
Leave a Reply