Use this funny welcome sign SVG to create a unique sign for your front door or porch!
The weather is getting warmer and I don’t know about you but I am sooo ready for Spring. I’m also ready to welcome people other than my family back into my home again but I may have to wait a bit longer for that. But when it is safe to have big gatherings again, I’m going to open up my house and welcome everyone with this porch welcome sign. Today I’m sharing the SVG file to make this sign in addition to MORE porch SVG files from some of my amazing and talented designer friends. Be sure to scroll down to the bottom of the post to grab all the free files. Yes, they are all completely free!
PORCH WELCOME SIGN SVG FILE
Not only do I have a fun SVG file for you, but I’m also going to show you how to use this SVG file to make your own porch sign using adhesive vinyl. Here are some basic posts on SVG files, vinyl, and Silhouette Studio.
- How to Use SVG files: Tips, Tricks & Ideas
- How to Weed Vinyl
- The Easiest Way to Layer Vinyl
- How to Cut By Color in Silhouette Studio
DIY PORCH SIGN SUPPLIES
Here are the supplies that you will need to make the sign shown above:
- Permanent Adhesive Vinyl
- Transfer tape
- SVG file (download instructions below)
- Silhouette or Cricut
- Cricut Easy Press 2
- Cricut Easy Press Mat – Amazon / Cricut
- Weeding Tools
- Blank wooden sign
HOW TO MAKE A DIY PORCH SIGN
- Download the porch sign SVG file. The SVG file is located in the resource library which is available to my email subscribers.
- Cut out the SVG file onto adhesive vinyl. If you want your design to look like mine, you’ll need to cut multiple colors of vinyl. This file is sized ?? by ??. You can increase or decrease the size of it but be sure to size it so it will fit your piece of wood.
- Weed the excess vinyl from your design.
- Line up the vinyl pieces on to one piece of transfer tape using this method to layer vinyl
- Paint your wooden sign. This is an optional step. Make sure to use outdoor paint so that your sign will not chip or peel in the elements. Let the paint dry thoroughly before moving on to the next step.
- Line up the vinyl with your sign and apply the vinyl to the sign with the transfer tape.
- Burnish the vinyl onto the wood sign using a flat edge such as a credit card.
- Remove the transfer tape.
- Seal the sign with a waterproof sealer. This is not necessary but will add an additional layer of protection especially if your sign isn’t under a covered area.
HOW TO USE THIS SVG FILE AS A STENCIL
Did you know that you can also use this SVG file as a stencil to make a porch sign? Follow the first three steps above but instead of weeding out the negative space, you’re going to weed away the opposite pieces. For a more detailed description on how to use an SVG file as a stencil, check out this post.
If you make a project using this file, I’d love for you to post it and tag with #totallyfreeSVG and @kellylcreates so I can see your beautiful work!
SVG FILE FAQs
How do I open these files in my Silhouette software? First, download the file and save it to your computer. If it is a zip file, unzip it. Next, open your Silhouette software and click FILE>OPEN and navigate to where you saved the file. You can also import the file(s) to your Silhouette library by clicking FILE>LIBRARY>IMPORT TO LIBRARY and navigating to where you saved the file.
Can I open SVG files in the Silhouette Basic Edition? No. You must have Silhouette Designer Edition to open SVG files. If you have Silhouette Basic Edition, you can only use STUDIO files. STUDIO files are specific to Silhouette. You can also use PNG files with Silhouette Basic Edition but you’ll have to first convert the PNG to a cut file.
Can this file be used with a Cricut? Yes. Any SVG file can be used in Cricut Design Space.
How do I cut out this SVG using multiple colors? If you would like to use multiple colors of vinyl, you can cut by color in the Silhouette software. Cutting by color allows you to cut each color separately and layer the pieces on the final project.
LOVE IT? PIN IT
MORE PORCH SIGN SVG FILES
Check out these fun porch sign SVG files created by my talented designer friends.
Hello Porch Sign – We Can Make That!
This is Our Happy Place – Try it – Like it – Create it
Welcome We Hope You Like Dogs -Hello Creative Family
Welcome To Our Home – Happy Go Lucky
Free Porch Sign SVG File – Everyday Party Magazine
No Soliciting – Don’t Make it Weird – Artsy-Fartsy Mama
Welcome To The Porch – The Girl Creative
Hello/Goodbye Doormat – Liz on Call
Porch Bucket List – Life Sew Savory
Hey There Sunshine – Cutting Machine Crafting
Like a Good Neighbour, Stay Over There – Homemade Heather