Use this Christmas SVG file to make beautiful round ornaments for your tree!
Making Christmas ornaments is a yearly tradition in our house and I love to adding a new homemade ornament to our tree each year. This year, I’ve decided to go with a black and white rustic buffalo check themed tree and this Christmas SVG file is going to be the perfect design to create an ornament. In addition to this file, I’m sharing even MORE ornament SVG files from some of my amazing and talented designer friends. Be sure to scroll down to the bottom of the post to grab all the free files.
I’m a huge fan of relaxing with a glass of wine, especially during the holidays. But I have to admit that I don’t like red wine. I know… I can hear your audible gasps through my screen. But “mistletoe and chardonnay” didn’t have the same ring to it as “mistletoe and merlot”… so red wine it is.
HOW TO USE THE CHRISTMAS SVG FILE
First things first. Here are some basic posts on SVG files, vinyl, and Silhouette Studio.
- How to Use SVG files: Tips, Tricks & Ideas
- How to Weed Vinyl
- How to Layer Vinyl
- A Beginner’s Guide to Heat Transfer Vinyl
- How to Cut By Color in Silhouette Studio
I’m going to go through how to use this Christmas SVG file with both HTV and adhesive vinyl. Here are the supplies that I recommend to make the round ornament shown above.
- Siser Easy Weed HTV
- Adhesive Vinyl
- Transfer tape
- SVG file (download instructions below)
- Silhouette or Cricut
- Cricut Easy Press 2
- Cricut Easy Press Mat
- Weeding Tools
- Round ornament
HOW TO MAKE A DIY ROUND ORNAMENT WITH HTV
- Download the Christmas SVG file. The SVG file is located in the resource library which is available to my email subscribers.
- Cut out the Christmas SVG file onto HTV.
- Weed away the excess vinyl.
- Place an Easy Press Mat under your ornament. Center your design on the ornament and apply heat with the Easy Press 2. You can find heat settings here.
- Carefully remove the carrier sheet according to the heat settings to reveal your final design
HOW TO MAKE A DIY ROUND ORNAMENT WITH ADHESIVE VINYL
- Download the Christmas SVG file.
- Cut out the Christmas SVG file onto adhesive vinyl.
- Weed away the excess vinyl.
- Apply transfer tape to your SVG file
- Remove the vinyl backing and smooth the design onto the ornament
- Remove the transfer tape to reveal your design.
I hope that if you make this ornament, you hang it on the front of your tree…no hiding this one in the back! And if you make it, I’d love for you to post it and tag me @kellylcreates so I can see your beautiful work!
SVG FILE FAQs
How do I open these files in my Silhouette software? First, download the file and save it to your computer. If it is a zip file, unzip it. Next, open your Silhouette software and click FILE>OPEN and navigate to where you saved the file. You can also import the file(s) to your Silhouette library by clicking FILE>LIBRARY>IMPORT TO LIBRARY and navigating to where you saved the file.
Can I open SVG files in the Silhouette Basic Edition? No. You must have Silhouette Designer Edition to open SVG files. If you have Silhouette Basic Edition, you can only use STUDIO files. STUDIO files are specific to Silhouette. You can also use PNG files with Silhouette Basic Edition but you’ll have to first convert the PNG to a cut file.
Can this file be used with a Cricut? Yes. Any SVG file can be used in Cricut Design Space.
How do I cut out this SVG using multiple colors? If you would like to use multiple colors of vinyl, you can cut by color in the Silhouette software. Cutting by color allows you to cut each color separately and layer the pieces on the final project.
LOVE IT? PIN IT
MORE CHRISTMAS ORNAMENT SVG FILES
Check out these fun Christmas ornament SVG files created by my talented designer friends. To download the files, just click on the link below to the corresponding file.
- Snowflake Ornaments – We Can Make That!
- Winter Wonderland Arabesque Tile Ornament – Brooklyn Berry Designs
- Good Cheer Hand Lettered Wood Ornament – Printable Crush
- Mistletoe and Merlot Ornament – Kelly Leigh Creates
- Merry Christ-mas Wood Slice Ornament – unOriginal Mom
- 3D Tree Ornament – Try it – Like it – Create it
- Oh Snap! Gingerbread Man – Hello Creative Family
- House Under Elf Surveilance – Happy Go Lucky
- Let it Snow – Everyday Party Magazine
- Shaker Ornament – Mom of 5 Trying to Survive
- Gingerbread Ornaments – Artsy-Fartsy Mama
- Rustic Elements Wood Slice Ornaments – The Girl Creative
- Layered Christmas Wreath Ornament – Liz on Call
- Felt Christmas Ornament – Life Sew Savory
- Big Bulb “Holly Jolly” Ornament – Fynes Designs
- Merry Christmas Gnome – Cutting Machine Crafting
- 3D Paper Ornaments – That’s What Che Said