Make this DIY pot holder for the baker in your life! It’s easy to create this fun holiday gift using your Silhouette machine.
I love creating custom gifts for Christmas using my Silhouette. This DIY pot holder is the perfect gift for almost anyone on your list. Think teachers, neighbors, friends…anyone who likes to bake. It’s easy to make and inexpensive. I think that personalized/customized gifts are so much better than anything you can get from a big box store.
DIY POT HOLDER SUPPLIES
- Pot holder
- Heat Transfer Vinyl
- SVG File
- Weeding Tools
- Easy Press or Easy Press Mini
- Easy Press Mat
HOW TO MAKE A POT HOLDER WITH A SILHOUETTE
SET UP THE FILE
- Download the SVG file. This file is located in the resource library and is available to my email subscribers.
- Upload the SVG file to Silhouette Studio.
- Resize the file to fit your pot holder. Click on the corner handles, hold shift, and drag to resize.
- Mirror your file – This is super important If you don’t mirror your file, it will cut out onto the wrong side of the heat transfer vinyl. If you don’t like wasting vinyl on mistakes, mirror the file.
- Click the send button in the upper right corner. This will bring up a screen where you can adjust your cut settings
- In the drop-down menu, set your material to Heat Transfer Vinyl. When you do this, the Silhouette will automatically set the blade depth for the material. If you have an older version of the Silhouette, you will have to adjust your blade manually according to the blade settings. If you have the Silhouette Cameo 4, the carrier container for the blade automatically detects the blade setting and changes it for you.
- Place the heat transfer vinyl onto the mat with the carrier sheet down. The carrier sheet is the glossy side Make sure the vinyl is placed in the same location on the mat as the design is on the screen
CUT THE DESIGN
Once everything is set, hit “send”. It will ask you if you want to mirror your file. Since you already mirrored it, choose “send as is”. For more in-depth instructions, read this post on how to cut heat transfer vinyl.
WEED THE DESIGN
When your design finishes cutting, unload the vinyl from the machine and weed the vinyl. This is a detailed post on how to weed vinyl.
ADHERE THE DESIGN TO THE POT HOLDER
After the design is weeded, flip it over and center it onto the pot holder. Using an Easy Press or Easy Press Mini, pre-heat the pot holder for 5 seconds. Next, press the design onto the pot holder. If using Siser Easyweed vinyl, set the temperature of the Easy Press to 335 and press for 15 seconds. Siser has heat settings on their website for different types of HTV. If you are using a Cricut vinyl, Cricut has heat settings on their website for their vinyl.
Add this customized pot holder to a cookie baking kit or pair or it with a few kitchen tools like a whisk, a spoon or spatula and some premade cookie mix or cookies and you have a perfect holiday gift!
HOLIDAY COOKIE RECIPES
- White chocolate peppermint pudding cookies
- Mint chocolate chip pudding cookies
- Cornflake Christmas wreath cookies
MORE HOLIDAY IDEAS
- Snow Globe Shaker Card
- DIY Makeup Bag – Teen Gift Idea
- DIY Matching Family Pajamas
- Easy Silhouette and Cricut Christmas Projects
LOVE IT? PIN IT!