Use this free Halloween SVG file to make fun projects for the spooky holiday.
Halloween is almost here and I can’t resist making SVG files for holidays. This Halloween SVG file is perfect for all your Cricut and Silhouette projects. Use this SVG cut file to make Halloween costumes, fun Halloween home decor, or even use it to make no-carve pumpkins. I’ve got even MORE Halloween SVG files too so make sure to scroll all the way to the bottom so you don’t miss them.
BASIC SVG & SILHOUETTE STUDIO POSTS
- How to Use SVG files: Tips, Tricks & Ideas
- How to Import Files Into Silhouette Studio
- How to Weed Vinyl
- A Beginner’s Guide to Heat Transfer Vinyl
- How to Cut By Color in Silhouette Studio
- How to Separate SVG files into Layers
HOW TO USE THE HALLOWEEN SVG FILE
I’m going to go through how to use this Halloween SVG file with heat transfer vinyl but you can also use it with adhesive vinyl too. You can use this free Halloween SVG with a Cricut or Silhouette. Here are the supplies that I recommend to make the shirt shown above.
DIY HALLOWEEN SHIRT SUPPLIES
- Siser Easy Weed HTV
- SVG file (access instructions below)
- Silhouette or Cricut
- Cricut EasyPress 2
- Cricut Easy Press Mat
- Weeding Tools
- T Shirt
HOW TO MAKE A HALLOWEEN SHIRT WITH SVG FILES
- Grab the Halloween SVG file in the resource library, accessible to my email subscribers. Not an subscriber? Sign up at the bottom of this post or here.
- Cut out the football SVG file onto heat transfer vinyl (HTV). I like to use Siser Easyweed HTV because it is easy to work with and holds up well in the wash.
Here is a detailed tutorial on how to cut heat transfer vinyl with a Silhouette.
If you want to use multiple colors of vinyl, this tutorial will show you how to cut out multiple colors of vinyl.
- Weed away the excess vinyl.
- Place an EasyPress Mat into the shirt. Use the EasyPress 2 to adhere the vinyl to the shirt at 325 degrees for 15 seconds. I recommend an EasyPress 2 instead of an iron because you can set the exact temperature and the plate provides more even heat.
Here is a detailed tutorial on how to use a Cricut EasyPress 2.
MORE HALLOWEEN IDEAS WITH SVG FILES
- “I’m a Haunt Mess” T Shirt
- Halloween Luminaries with SVG Files
- DIY Halloween Treat Bags
- DIY Trick or Treat Bag
WANT MORE HALLOWEEN SVG FILES?
GET THE ENTIRE BUNDLE!
You can get the full Halloween SVG bundle with all three files in my shop! Use it to make fun shirts, decor and more!
SVG FILE FAQs
How do I open these files in my Silhouette software?
Save the file to your computer. If it is a zip file, unzip it. Open your Silhouette software and select FILE>OPEN and navigate to where you saved the file. You can also import the file(s) to your Silhouette library by clicking FILE>LIBRARY>IMPORT TO LIBRARY and navigating to where you saved the file.
Can I open SVG files in the Silhouette Basic Edition?
No. You must have Silhouette Designer Edition or higher to open SVG files. If you have Silhouette Basic Edition, you can use PNG files and convert the PNG to a cut file.
Can this file be used with a Cricut?
Yes. Any SVG file can be used in Cricut Design Space
LOVE IT? PIN IT