Learn how to create a stamp brush in Procreate and open up a whole new world of digital design.
Lately, I’ve been trying to incorporate more illustrations into my hand-lettered designs in Procreate. I’m not all that great at illustrating just yet but one technique that makes my process easier is using stamp brushes. Stamp brushes simplify my workflow and allow me to create more in a shorter amount of time. Today I’m going to show you just how easy it is to make a stamp brush in Procreate.
BASIC PROCREATE POSTS:
How to Use Procreate: An Intro
How to Hand Letter in Procreate
WHAT IS A STAMP BRUSH?
A stamp brush is a special type of brush in Procreate. Regular brushes produce strokes. Stamp brushes produce a single element when the Apple Pencil is tapped onto the iPad screen. Examples of stamp brushes can be hearts, flowers, stars etc.
HOW DO YOU INSTALL STAMP BRUSHES IN PROCREATE?
Procreate does not come with any default stamp brushes so you have to install them into Procreate if you want to use them. Many designers offer stamp brushes for free. You can also find Procreate stamp brushes on sites like Creative Market. Installing stamp brushes into Procreate is the same process as installing regular brushes. I have a detailed tutorial on how to install brushes into Procreate here.
HOW TO CREATE A STAMP BRUSH IN PROCREATE
Making a basic stamp brush is an easy process. However, sometimes it helps to actually see the process in action instead of just reading through the steps. I’ve included a video below that walks you through the process. I list out the basic steps below the video with time stamps so you can easily navigate through the video to find the exact step that you need.
- 1:45 – SET UP YOUR SQUARE CANVAS
- 2:10 – CREATE BLACK BACKGROUND
- 3:00 – TURN ON THE DRAWING GUIDE/SYMMETRY TOOL
- 5:10 – DRAW SHAPE
- 6:45 – CREATE NEW BRUSH SET & SET UP DEFAULT BRUSH
- 8:10 – IMPORT HEART SHAPE
- 9:04 – ADJUST STAMP PROPERTIES TO CREATE FINAL BRUSH
- 11:20 ADJUST BRUSH PREVIEW SIZE
- 11:50 – NAME YOUR BRUSH
Subscribe to my YouTube Channel for more Procreate video tutorials
MORE PROCREATE TUTORIALS
- How to Create Color Palettes in Procreate
- How to Organize Procreate Files with Stacks
- How to Use Masks in Procreate
- Two Ways to Overlay Lettering onto Photos using Procreate
- How to Draw 70s Style Lettering in Procreate
- How to Create SVG Files using Procreate
- How to Draw 3D Lettering in Procreate
- How to Create Blended Backgrounds in Procreate
- How to Install Brushes into Procreate
- How to Create Rainbow Lettering in Procreate
- How to Create Watercolor Brush Lettering in Procreate
💕IF THIS POST/VIDEO HAS HELPED YOU, PLEASE SHARE SO OTHERS CAN FIND IT 💕
Leave a Reply