Want to make your own GIF? You can create an animated GIF in Procreate. Learn how with this easy tutorial.
Everyone loves a fun GIF. I don’t even know how to pronounce GIF (G-I-F, J-I-F?). My kids look at me strange when I try to speak their language. Did you know that you can create a fun animated GIF in Procreate using the animation function? YAAASSS! Do you want to learn how to create one? Of COURSE you do so that’s what I’m going to show you how to do today!
This tutorial is going to be strictly how to create an animation. It will not go over the basics of Procreate. So, if you are a beginner or need to brush up on your skills, check out my Intro to Procreate post.
BASIC PROCREATE POSTS
- How to Use Procreate: An Intro
- How to Install Brushes
- How to Create Color Palettes
- How to Hand Letter in Procreate
- How to Use Masks in Procreate
In this tutorial, I’ll be showing you how to create simple this Love animation.
HOW TO CREATE AN ANIMATED GIF IN PROCREATE
- First, create your design. I lettered the word “love” and added some hearts around it. I put the word and the hearts on separate layers and then grouped them together. This group will be your base layer.
- Next, turn on Animation Assist by tapping on the Wrench icon > Canvas > Animation Assist. An animation bar will appear at the bottom of the screen that will show each frame in your animation.
- In this example, I’m going to animate the word “Love” and the little sparkles around the hearts. First, group everything on the layer together. Next, duplicate the group. You can see how I have everything laid out below.
- In the duplicated group, change the layers of the design that you want to move. Change them just a little bit. In the example below, I added one line to start the sparkle effect and I also rotated the word “love” slightly.
- Keep changing items little by little each time you duplicate the group. Each group will show up as a frame in the animation bar at the bottom of the screen. You can hit “play” to see how your animation will look. In the settings, you can change the speed of the animation by increasing or decreasing the number of frames per second.
HOW TO EXPORT ANIMATION FROM PROCREATE
Once you have created your animation, you’ll want to export it so you can share it. To export, tap the Wrench icon > Share.
If you want to share on your Instagram feed, you will have to export it as an MP4. If you want to save it to GIPHY to upload to IG stories or reels, you can save it as a GIF. Make sure that if you save it to Giphy, it has a transparent background.
COMING SOON: ANIMATED GIF IN PROCREATE VIDEO
MORE PROCREATE TUTORIALS
- How to Create Color Palettes in Procreate
- Two Ways to Overlay Lettering onto Photos using Procreate
- How to Draw 70s Style Lettering in Procreate
- How to Create SVG Files using Procreate
- How to Draw 3D Lettering in Procreate
- How to Create Blended Backgrounds in Procreate
- How to Install Brushes into Procreate
- How to Create Rainbow Lettering in Procreate
- How to Create Watercolor Brush Lettering in Procreate
LOVE IT? PIN IT!