This 4th of July tumbler is an easy beginner DIY project using adhesive vinyl and an SVG file.
July 4th is just around the corner and this 4th of July tumbler is the perfect summer project to make your holiday festivities sparkle. Create a fun and festive July 4th wine tumbler with an America boho rainbow SVG file. Whether you’re hosting a backyard barbecue, attending a fireworks display, or simply enjoying the summer sun, this DIY project will add a patriotic punch to your celebrations So, grab your sparklers and watermelon slices and let’s dive into this ultimate summer project.
BASIC SVG & SILHOUETTE STUDIO POSTS
- How to Use Silhouette Cameo 4: A Guide to Getting Started
- How to Use SVG files: Tips, Tricks & Ideas
- How to Import Files Into Silhouette Studio
- How to Weed Vinyl
- A Beginner’s Guide to Heat Transfer Vinyl
- How to Cut By Color in Silhouette Studio
- How to Separate SVG files into Layers
HOW TO USE THE AMERICA RAINBOW JULY 4th SVG FILE
I’m going to go through how to use this America rainbow SVG file with adhesive vinyl but you can also use it with heat transfer vinyl vinyl too. You can use this July 4th SVG with a Cricut or Silhouette. Here are the supplies that I recommend to make a 4th of July tumbler.
4th OF JULY TUMBLER SUPPLIES
HOW TO MAKE A 4th OF JULY TUMBLER
- Grab the America rainbow SVG file in my shop.
- Cut out the SVG file onto multiple colors of adhesive vinyl. I seized my file to approximately 3″ x 3″ to fit onto a wine tumbler. If you’re using a bigger tumbler, size it appropriately in your cutting software.
- After your design is done cutting, weed away the excess vinyl. I recommend using the reverse weeding technique for the white portion of the design. The dots and stars are small when the file is sized down to fit a tumbler and reverse weeding will help keep everything stuck to the transfer tape.
- Because this file requires layering, here is an easy tutorial for how to layer vinyl.
- Transfer the weeded design to a piece of transfer tape.
- Place the vinyl onto the tumbler using the hinge method.
I’m excited to use this tumbler at our July 4th celebration this year!
MORE SUMMER SVG FILES
- Lemon-Themed SVG Files
- Flamingo SVG Files
- Let Freedom Ring SVG
- Citrus SVG Files
- Land of the Free Because of the Brave SVG
- Beach Themed SVG Files
SVG FILE FAQs
How do I open these files in my Silhouette software?
Save the file to your computer. If it is a zip file, unzip it. Open your Silhouette software and select FILE>OPEN and navigate to where you saved the file. You can also import the file(s) to your Silhouette library by clicking FILE>LIBRARY>IMPORT TO LIBRARY and navigating to where you saved the file.
Can I open SVG files in the Silhouette Basic Edition?
No. You must have Silhouette Designer Edition or higher to open SVG files. If you have Silhouette Basic Edition, you can use PNG files and convert the PNG to a cut file.
Can this file be used with a Cricut?
Yes. Any SVG file can be used in Cricut Design Space
LOVE IT? PIN IT