Use this fun baking spirits bright svg file to make Christmas gifts, decor and more!
The holidays are here and I’m so excited! It’s time to cozy up next to the fire, turn on some Christmas music and spend the days baking lots of Christmas cookies. Cookies may be my favorite part of the holiday season. White chocolate peppermint pudding cookies, FTW! I created this baking spirits bright SVG file for everyone who loves to bake. Make memories around the kitchen island this year!
BASIC SVG & SILHOUETTE STUDIO POSTS
- How to Use SVG files: Tips, Tricks & Ideas
- How to Import Files Into Silhouette Studio
- How to Weed Vinyl
- A Beginner’s Guide to Heat Transfer Vinyl
- How to Cut By Color in Silhouette Studio
- How to Separate SVG files into Layers
HOW TO USE THE BAKING SPIRITS BRIGHT SVG FILE
I’m going to go through how to use this baking spirits bright SVG file with heat transfer vinyl but you can also use it with adhesive vinyl too. You can use this free Christmas SVG with a Cricut or Silhouette. This file would be great to use with my cookie baking gift idea or on a DIY pot holder. Make a cute tea towel and package it up with cookie baking supplies for an easy gift! Here are the supplies that I recommend to make the shirt shown above.
DIY CHRISTMAS SHIRT SUPPLIES
- Siser Easy Weed HTV
- SVG file (access instructions below)
- Silhouette or Cricut
- Cricut EasyPress 2
- Cricut Easy Press Mat
- Weeding Tools
- Cotton Shirt
HOW TO MAKE A CHRISTMAS SHIRT WITH BAKING SPIRITS BRIGHT SVG FILES
- Grab the SVG file in the resource library, accessible to my email subscribers. This SVG is free until 12/6/21. After that, it moves to my shop. Not an subscriber? Sign up at the bottom of this post or here.
- Cut out the SVG file onto heat transfer vinyl (HTV). I like to use Siser Easyweed HTV because it is easy to work with and holds up well in the wash.
Here is a detailed tutorial on how to cut heat transfer vinyl with a Silhouette.
If you want to use multiple colors of vinyl, this tutorial will show you how to cut out multiple colors of vinyl.
- Weed away the excess vinyl.
- Place an EasyPress Mat into the shirt. Use the EasyPress 2 to adhere the vinyl to the shirt at 325 degrees for 15 seconds. I recommend an EasyPress 2 instead of an iron because you can set the exact temperature and the plate provides more even heat.
Here is a detailed tutorial on how to use a Cricut EasyPress 2.
MORE WAYS TO USE THE BAKING SPIRITS BRIGHT SVG FILE
SVG FILE FAQs
How do I open these files in my Silhouette software?
Save the file to your computer. If it is a zip file, unzip it. Open your Silhouette software and select FILE>OPEN and navigate to where you saved the file. You can also import the file(s) to your Silhouette library by clicking FILE>LIBRARY>IMPORT TO LIBRARY and navigating to where you saved the file.
Can I open SVG files in the Silhouette Basic Edition?
No. You must have Silhouette Designer Edition or higher to open SVG files. If you have Silhouette Basic Edition, you can use PNG files and convert the PNG to a cut file.
Can this file be used with a Cricut?
Yes. Any SVG file can be used in Cricut Design Space
MORE CHRISTMAS SVG FILES
- Snow Themed SVG files
- Ornament SVG files
- Christmas Vacation SVG Bundle
- A Christmas Story SVG Bundle
- Gnome SVG Bundle
- Christmas Countdown
MORE CHRISTMAS PROJECTS
LOVE IT? PIN IT!