Use this funny plant SVG file to make fun projects for the plant lover in your life.
Are you a plant lover looking for some fun and quirky ways to add some personality to your DIY projects? This punny plant-themed SVG file is for you! This file can be used with a variety of cutting machines to create custom designs for t-shirts, tote bags, wall art, stickers, and more. So grab your cutting machine and get ready to add some humor to your next project.
BASIC SVG & SILHOUETTE STUDIO POSTS
- How to Use Silhouette Cameo 4: A Guide to Getting Started
- How to Use SVG files: Tips, Tricks & Ideas
- How to Import Files Into Silhouette Studio
- How to Weed Vinyl
- A Beginner’s Guide to Heat Transfer Vinyl
- How to Cut By Color in Silhouette Studio
- How to Separate SVG files into Layers
HOW TO USE THE PLANT SVG FILE
I’m going to go through how to use this plant SVG file with heat transfer vinyl but you can also use it with adhesive vinyl too. You can use this plant SVG with a Cricut or Silhouette. Here are the supplies that I recommend to make the shirt shown above.
DIY PLANT SHIRT SUPPLIES
- Cotton Shirt
- SVG file – see access instructions below
- Silhouette Cameo or Cricut
- Cutting mat – Silhouette / Cricut
- Heat Transfer Vinyl (Siser Easyweed)
- EasyPress 2
- EasyPress Mat
- Weeding hook
HOW TO MAKE A PLANT SHIRT WITH SVG FILES
- Grab the plant SVG file in the resource library, accessible to my email subscribers. Not an subscriber? Sign up at the bottom of this post or here.
- Cut out the plant SVG file onto heat transfer vinyl (HTV). I like to use Siser Easyweed HTV because it is easy to work with and holds up well in the wash.
Here is a detailed tutorial on how to cut heat transfer vinyl with a Silhouette.
If you want to use multiple colors of vinyl, this tutorial will show you how to cut out multiple colors of vinyl.
- Weed away the excess vinyl.
- Place an EasyPress Mat into the shirt. Use the EasyPress 2 to adhere the vinyl to the shirt at 325 degrees for 15 seconds. I recommend an EasyPress 2 instead of an iron because you can set the exact temperature and the plate provides more even heat.
Here is a detailed tutorial on how to use a Cricut EasyPress 2.
WANT MORE PLANT SVG FILES?
GET THE ENTIRE BUNDLE!
You can get the full plant SVG bundle with four files in my shop!
CLICK HERE TO GET THE SVG BUNDLE
SVG FILE FAQs
How do I open these files in my Silhouette software?
Save the file to your computer. If it is a zip file, unzip it. Open your Silhouette software and select FILE>OPEN and navigate to where you saved the file. You can also import the file(s) to your Silhouette library by clicking FILE>LIBRARY>IMPORT TO LIBRARY and navigating to where you saved the file.
Can I open SVG files in the Silhouette Basic Edition?
No. You must have Silhouette Designer Edition or higher to open SVG files. If you have Silhouette Basic Edition, you can use PNG files and convert the PNG to a cut file.
Can this file be used with a Cricut?
Yes. Any SVG file can be used in Cricut Design Space
MORE SVG IDEAS
- Lemon Themed SVG Files
- Flamingo SVG Files
- Coffee-Themed SVG Files
- Kitchen-Themed SVG Files
- Porch Sign SVG Files
LOVE IT? PIN IT
Leave a Reply