Make this cute Thanksgiving apron for your favorite chef. Perfect for your Thanksgiving celebrations, give as a gift or keep it for yourself!
Thanksgiving is almost here and I’m so excited! What is there not to like about eating ALL.THE.THINGS? I am a big fan of the desserts. And also the sides. A plate filled with desserts and sides is considered a real meal, right? Today I’m sharing a project for the dessert lover and its all about the pie. This DIY Thanksgiving apron will be the star of the show at your Thanksgiving dinner. Keep it for yourself or give it away as a hostess gift.
BASIC SVG & SILHOUETTE STUDIO POSTS
- How to Use Silhouette Cameo 4: A Guide to Getting Started
- How to Use Silhouette Studio: Everything You Need to Know
- How to Import Files Into Silhouette Studio
- How to Weed Vinyl
- A Beginner’s Guide to Heat Transfer Vinyl
- How to Cut By Color in Silhouette Studio
- How to Separate SVG files into Layers
HOW TO USE THE “I’M JUST HERE FOR THE PIE SVG FILE”
I’m going to go through how to use the “I’m just here for the pie” SVG file with heat transfer vinyl to make this Thanksgiving apron but you can also use the SVG file with sublimation too. This post gives an overview of how to sublimate onto fabric. You can also use Cricut Infusible Ink for sublimation if you do not have a sublimation printer. This post lays out how to sublimate with Cricut Infusible Ink. This Thanksgiving SVG file would be great to use on a DIY pot holder or a Thanksgiving-themed tea towel. Here are the supplies that I recommend to make the apron shown above.
DIY THANKSGIVING APRON SUPPLIES
In addition to the links below, you can also find these supplies on the “Resources” page of the blog.
- Siser Easy Weed HTV
- SVG file (access instructions below)
- Silhouette or Cricut
- Cricut EasyPress 2
- Cricut Easy Press Mat
- Weeding Tools
HOW TO MAKE A THANKSGIVING APRON
- Grab the “I’m Just Here for the Pie” SVG file in my shop.
- Upload the file into Silhouette Studio and cut it out onto heat transfer vinyl (HTV). I like to use Siser Easyweed HTV because it is easy to weed with and holds up well in the wash. If you want to use multiple colors of vinyl, this tutorial will show you how to cut out multiple colors of vinyl.
- Weed away the excess vinyl.
- Place an EasyPress Mat under the apron. Center the vinyl design onto the apron and use the EasyPress 2 to adhere the vinyl to the apron. Make sure to check the material that the apron is made from (cotton vs. polyester) because the time and temperature that you use will vary depending on the material. Cricut has a handy interactive guide that you can use to find recommended settings. I recommend using an EasyPress 2 instead of an iron because you can set the exact temperature and the plate provides more even heat than an iron. Here is a detailed tutorial on how to use a Cricut EasyPress 2.
- When using different colors of vinyl in one design, you need to adhere them to the apron one color at a time. This post goes over the best way to layer heat transfer vinyl.
- Once the EasyPress beeps, remove the carrier sheet from the design. Refer to the Cricut heat guide for a warm peel vs. cold peel. With a warm peel, you want to peel the carrier sheet up right away (making sure not to burn your fingers though). With a cool peel, remove the carrier sheet once it gets to room temperature.
- If any portion of your design is not sticking, simply place the carrier sheet back and press again.
MORE WAYS TO USE THE “I’M JUST HERE FOR THE PIE” SVG FILE
SVG FILE FAQs
How do I open these files in my Silhouette software?
Save the file to your computer. If it is a zip file, unzip it. Open your Silhouette software and select FILE>OPEN and navigate to where you saved the file. You can also import the file(s) to your Silhouette library by clicking FILE>LIBRARY>IMPORT TO LIBRARY and navigating to where you saved the file.
Can I open SVG files in the Silhouette Basic Edition?
No. You must have Silhouette Designer Edition or higher to open SVG files. If you have Silhouette Basic Edition, you can use PNG files and convert the PNG to a cut file.
Can this file be used with a Cricut?
Yes. Any SVG file can be used in Cricut Design Space
GET ORGANIZED FOR THE HOLIDAY WITH MY ULTIMATE THANKSGIVING PLANNER
MORE THANKSGIVING SVG FILES
- Free Thankful SVG files
- Fall Quotes SVG Bundle
- Funny Thanksgiving SVG Files
- Funny Fall SVG File Bundle
MORE THANKSGIVING PROJECTS
LOVE IT? PIN IT!