Celebrate the coffee lover in your life with this coffee-themed gift basket. It’s so easy to put together and will definitely be a huge hit this holiday season.
I’m a huge coffee lover and never ever turn down an invite to a cup of coffee with a friend. Some of my favorite times are shared around a table in a coffee shop, warm beverage in hand. If you have a coffee lover in your life, how about giving them an extra special gift this holiday with a coffee-themed gift basket. Holiday gift-giving doesn’t have to be hard. You can add a little extra to a basic gift with some easy personalization. Today I’m showing you how you can put together a coffee-themed gift basket for an easy Christmas gift.
BASIC SVG & SILHOUETTE STUDIO POSTS
- How to Use Silhouette Cameo 4: A Guide to Getting Started
- How to Use SVG files: Tips, Tricks & Ideas
- How to Import Files Into Silhouette Studio
- How to Weed Vinyl
- How to Use Transfer Tape with Vinyl
- How to Cut By Color in Silhouette Studio
- How to Separate SVG files into Layers
COFFEE-THEMED GIFT BASKET SUPPLIES
- Gift basket or box
- Bag of ground coffee
- Filler (shredded paper or ornaments)
- Coffee cup or mug
- Cup of Cheer SVG file
- Weeding tool
- Permanent Vinyl (Oracal 651)
- Silhouette or Cricut
- Scraper Tool
- Transfer Tape
The Cup of Cheer file is part of my Happy Holly Days Bundle. Get all 4 designs in my shop!
HOW TO MAKE A COFFEE-THEMED GIFT BASKET
- Download the Cup Of Cheer SVG file which you can get in my shop. I also have some coffee-themed SVG files that would work well too. If you want to cut the SVG files in a few different colors, you can follow this tutorial on how to cut by color. Make sure to measure your cup or mug and size your file(s) to fit before you cut your file(s).
- After your file is finished cutting, weed the excess vinyl using a weeding hook.
- Apply transfer tape to your weeded designs. This post will show you how to use transfer tape with vinyl.
- Apply your SVG file to your mug – line up your file on your mug and press down firmly. Burnish the file with a scraper tool or a credit card. Slowly peel the transfer tape away to reveal your finished design.
Once you are finished creating your cup, all you need to do is assemble your gift basket. Place filler in the basket and then arrange the coffee and DIY mug/cup in the basket. You can add extra things like a special spoon, some candy canes, or a coffee gift card to make it extra special. Attach a handmade gift tag and your gift is ready for giving!
If you enjoyed this gift idea, please consider sharing or pinning this image so others can find this idea.
MORE SILHOUETTE AND CRICUT CHRISTMAS PROJECTS
- Easy Silhouette and Cricut Christmas Projects
- Mini Banner Christmas Ornament
- DIY Christmas Banner
- Christmas Countdown
- DIY Christmas Gift Box
- Wooden Round Christmas Sign
- How to Make a Santa Sack
- DIY Personalized Socks with Funny Sayings
- DIY Matching Family Christmas Pajamas
- Snow Globe Shaker Card
- DIY Makeup Bag Teen Gift Idea
- Christmas Gift Tags with Silhouette Sketch Pens
- DIY Christmas Wrapping Paper
- Buffalo Check Christmas Ornaments
- Christmas Tea Towels
- DIY Holiday Serving Tray
- Jingle all the Way Shadow Box
SVG FILE FAQs
How do I open these files in my Silhouette software?
Save the file to your computer. If it is a zip file, unzip it. Open your Silhouette software and select FILE>OPEN and navigate to where you saved the file. You can also import the file(s) to your Silhouette library by clicking FILE>LIBRARY>IMPORT TO LIBRARY and navigating to where you saved the file.
Can I open SVG files in the Silhouette Basic Edition?
No. You must have Silhouette Designer Edition or higher to open SVG files. If you have Silhouette Basic Edition, you can use PNG files and convert the PNG to a cut file.
Can this file be used with a Cricut?
Yes. Any SVG file can be used in Cricut Design Space
Leave a Reply